Say Ca! is a registered non-profit organization that offers free group workshops, FSL and ESL tutoring, and cultural outings to newcomer youth aged 12 to 18 years old.
The Development Officer is responsible for all fundraising initiatives and activities of the organization. He/She is directly responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors and supporters, developing and building a Major Gifts Program, researching and writing grant proposals, and providing evaluation reports as required. The Development Officer participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving. He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned. The expected commitment is of 5 to 10 hours per week, depending on workload. Mentoring from the Board will be provided to the Development Officer.
- Fundraising: oversight of Say Ça’s fundraising strategy
- Work with the Executive Director to establish fundraising goals, targets, and timelines,
- Analyze charitable giving trends, identifying opportunities and challenges and developing strategies to ensure goals are met,
- Research and develop funding proposals for charitable foundations, corporate charitable funds, service clubs and other similar funds,
- Responsible for the supervision and management of the fundraising database and ensuring the timely distribution of tax receipts,
- Responsible to keep performance measures and results up to date to ensure fund optimization,
- Compile, maintain and report on donation statistics including per donor gift, churn, participation, etc,
- Remain current on all legislation and ethical practices pertaining to fundraising.
- Donor relations: cultivate and maintain donors
- Responsible for the development of a Major Gifts Program, including research, identification of potential donors, developing the case for giving and developing and maintaining relationships,
- Secure donor funding to support current and future Say Ça! programming costs,
- Working closely with the Community Manager to represent Say Ça! at different events,
- Responsible for sharing and promoting Say Ça!’s mission.
Qualifications and availability
- University degree or community college diploma in relevant field and one to three years experience in a fundraising position.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English and French are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to supervise and motivate volunteers and staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound computer skills including word processing and database management.
- An understanding of the non-profit, voluntary and social services sector.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Commitment to the Say Ça! code of conduct.
This job requires a police background check.
Say Ça! is an equal opportunity employer.