Say Ça! is a charity that offers French and English tutoring sessions, group workshops as well as cultural outings to newcomer youth to Canada (aged 12 to 18). We are looking for dynamic and patient mentors / tutors who are interested in languages, learning, culture, and sharing their passions.
3h/week every Saturday morning from 9h to 12h
Revaluation period after 6 months
- French and English bilingualism (training meetings or workshops in both languages)
- Strong interest for teaching
- Experience as an animator or tutor in ESL or FLS, asset
- Experience working with youth and/or immigrants or refugees, asset
- Takes initiative to lead tutoring and group workshops sessions independently
- Respects the mission and vision of Say Ça!, as well as its code of conduct
We are currently looking for new tutors and animators to ensure that tutoring seasons run smoothly and prioritizing the well-being of Say Ça! Youth.
- ESL: English language in one-on-one or in small groups in a dynamic environment
- FLS: French in one-on-one or in small groups in a dynamic environment
- Group workshops:
- One-on-one meetings looking to help students develop their capacities
- Or planned activities taking place in group settings, looking to develop inter and intrapersonal skills, leadership, teamwork and knowledge of Human Rights
- Lead the tutoring and group workshops sessions
- Be available Saturdays between 9h and 12h (online sessions until further notice, in person sessions at Concordia), the last Saturday of the month is reserved for cultural activities
- Adhere to the French and/or English tutoring program prepared in advanced in order to adapted to the needs of the youth
- Accompany the youth during the individual activity sessions
- Create a work report in order to follow the progression of the youth
- Participate in other Say Ça! Activities
- Attend training workshops and meetings for mentors/tutors once per month
- Share feedback to monitor and improve the program
- Be present for cultural activities on the last Saturday of each month (facultative)
- You will be paired with one of our youth and accompany them every Saturday mornings and establish a mentorship relation
- During the individual tutoring sessions, you will encourage the youth to gain confidence in their use of French and English
- Actively participate during the monthly meetings or workshops provided for the animators/tutors.
- Say Ça! functions in a collaborative structure, you are expected to respond to communications from administrators of Say Ça! when information or communications from mentors/tutors are solicited.
Beyond providing school support, we aim to strive to be role models to our students as they start their new lives in Canada. We are looking for reliable tutors/animators, ready to commit to attending our weekly sessions during at least one semester. Absences without notice affect the good functioning of the program and may put into question the future participation of a tutor/mentor.
This job requires a police background check.
Say Ça! is an equal opportunity employer.