Please send your application to email@example.com before December 5, 2020 with a resume and a cover letter (explain in French why you are interested in this position + explain in English what you can bring to Say Ça! and how you can be an asset four our Team).This position is open to persons between the ages of 15 and 30 who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or refugees.
28h/week x 10 weeks = 280h
Position to be filled no later than December 21, 2020
Say It! is a charitable organization that offers Saturday mornings of tutoring, group workshops and cultural outings to new Canadian youth (ages 10 to 18). We are looking for a Project Administrative Officer to support our team of volunteers.
- English and French
- Autonomy and proactivity
- Organized and methodical person
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of suite Office 365 online
- Data clean-up
- Review, update, create the contact list for parents, students, tutors, staff, board ()
- Create processes (including go-to-person list), good practices
- Assist with the Saturday logistics
- Make sure Sharepoint is updated
- Follow-up with tutors and students (before and after sessions)
- Assist with volunteer/student feedback data
- From already existing form (Evaluation of group workshop activities)
- Gather information from parents (to be created)
- Gather information from volunteers: recruitment, onboarding (to be created)
- Gather information from alumni (to be created)
- Organize the info collected
- Manage the organization of the material for the students in the Intranet
- Sharepoint students (to be created)
- Help with social media
Supervision, Mentoring Plan and Individual coaching:
- You will work closely with the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator, and the Communications and Social Media Coordinator.
- Say Ça! offers mentoring for the employee who will be filling this position, a minimum of two meetings per month with your mentor is planned.
- Mentoring: Encouraging the employee to develop his or her strengths and helping him or her to develop his or her abilities, motivating him or her to achieve his or her professional goals by providing support from experienced workers. A reverse mentoring program will be offered, giving the employee the opportunity to share his or her acquired knowledge with the team.
Skills Development Plan
- Teamwork: The youth hired will learn to work collaboratively with the rest of the team, being part of the group to reach the organizational goals and objectives for 2021.
- Leadership: The participant will develop this skill by managing transitions, planning future activities and their expected results and mastering change in an environment that will require self-discipline and a high degree of responsibility.
- Communication: The following competencies will be strengthened: listening and writing, communication with students, volunteers, and animators.
- Digital skills: Learn how to implement a digital marketing strategy
- We will provide a career-related work experience in business administration, non-for-profit management, and digital marketing
- We do not intend to retain the youth as an employee at the end of the agreement due to budget limitations.