Say Ça! is a Montreal-based charity organization that provides free French and English language tutoring to refugee and newcomer youth. Founded in 2016, we work in close collaboration with families, schools, and other community partners to create the conditions for youth to become engaged citizens and leaders in their communities.
Our vision is a just and inclusive society where youth of all backgrounds have access to quality programs, practical tools and resources that help them thrive.
- Provide a positive and supportive learning environment customized to the learning style of the student.
- Through a community approach we help the youth develop a sense of belonging and develop the confidence they need to task risks.
- We provide opportunities for experiential learning and social bonding through embedding cultural outings, social activities and sports.
- Help foster curiosity and creativity.
- Develop leadership and life skills through coaching and mentorship opportunitites.
About our partners
Say Ça! would like to thank Equitas for awarding us the “Speaking Rights” bursary in 2017 and 2018, as well as for their constant support and friendship. We would also like to thank the Refugee Centre for providing us with our classrooms and Tools of Peace for considering us a Story of Peace in Montreal in 2018. Thank you also to Rising Youth, the Canadian Council for Refugees, the CPRMV, Antiracist Football in Montreal, the Museum of Fine Arts of Montreal, Brain Reach, the CSAI, and the Montreal Canadians Children Foundation.